A statement made by an attorney during a trial. Parties can also choose to proceed by avowal, meaning that their…

Read More

Automatic Stay

When a bankruptcy is filed, certain proceedings involving the debtor (the person filing bankruptcy) are automatically stayed. This includes a…

Read More

Attributed income

When a party is not working or is unreasonably underemployed, a court can, when determining child and spousal support, attribute…

Read More

Attorney standard

When people represent themselves in Court, they are held to an attorney standard, i.e., they are expected to know the…

Read More

Attorney of record

The attorney who is legally representing a client and is recognized through the Clerk of the Court as the responsible…

Read More

Attorney-client privilege

An evidentiary standard about whether the privileged conversations and emails between an attorney and client can be used as evidence…

Read More

ATLAS number

This is the number used by the state to track child support cases. Every child support case has one, and…

Read More

At Issue

Something the Court must decide, e.g., “At issue is whether Mother violated the Preliminary Injunction …” is the same as…

Read More


A more informal way of saying “arrearage.” See Arrearage.

Read More


As defined by A.R.S. § 25-500(1), “the total unpaid support owed, including child support, past support, spousal maintenance and interest.”

Read More

Contact State 48 Law

We offer in-person, video, and phone consultations.

14500 N Northsight Blvd Ste 313, Scottsdale, AZ 85260

We’re conveniently located in North Scottsdale, just off the 101 and Raintree.

(602) 649-1325

Call us today to speak with one of our family law attorneys.


If you prefer to email, we’re always available. You can email us directly or fill out the contact form.