The Arizona State Bar’s Board of Legal Specialization approved Mr. Hendricks’ Specialist Certification in their June 2022 meeting.
Board-Certified Specialists are Experienced. Respected. Tested. Certified.
“Being a State Bar of Arizona Board-Certified Specialist is a mark of excellence and a distinguished accomplishment. Board-Certified Specialists are lawyers who have substantial experience, the respect of their peers, and demonstrated special knowledge, skills and proficiency in their area of law.”
You are eligible to apply to become Board certified as a Family Law legal specialist if you have been admitted to the practice of law continuously for at least 7 years, and during 5 of those years you have engaged in the practice of Family Law within the State of Arizona, 2 of which are immediately preceding your application. During each of such five years, you must have engaged in legal services in the field of Family Law equivalent to at least 70% of a full-time practice. Combine these qualifications with your high ethical standards, excellent peer reviews, specialized legal education, and tested knowledge to achieve the honorable distinction of Board-Certified Specialist.
Your experience will be measured by your substantial involvement in the field of Family Law matters, including issues from at least seven of these categories:
- Dissolution of marriage, legal separation, and annulment of marriage
- Matters relating to children
- Juvenile court matters including dependency, adoption, and termination of parental rights
- Child Support
- Spousal maintenance
- Identifying separate and community property, and division of community property
- Taxation issues
- Contempt and/or enforcement proceedings
- Mediation or negotiation of family disputes, and resolution of Family Law matters through alternate dispute resolutions
- Special actions and appeals from Family Law matters
- Issues of non-matrimonial family
- Issues of domestic violence
- Family Law service as defined in Section III(C)(2)(a)-(k)