Motion to Set

A request that the Court set a trial date. The person filing avows that all discovery and disclosure is complete.

Read More

Motion to Continue

A request for the Court to change an upcoming hearing to a later date for reasons such as incomplete disclosure…

Read More

Motion to Compel

A request that is filed when a party is not complying with the rules of discovery or disclosure. It must…

Read More


A document filed in an already existing case that makes a specific request to the Court.

Read More

Money Judgment

When the Court enters a judgment that one party owes another party a certain amount, that judgment can then be…

Read More


An action made to change a current court order. Modifications commonly involve parenting time, legal decision-making, child support, or spousal…

Read More

Minute Entry

These are documents issued by the Court as part of the official court record. A Minute Entry can serve many…

Read More

Minority Share Discount

A business valuation method in which a minority stakeholder’s shares are discounted because they do not have control of the…

Read More


This is a ruling by the Court of Appeals that resolves the case but does not create case law that…

Read More


A common settlement method where the parties use a mediator, a neutral third party, to negotiate a settlement. Family law…

Read More

Contact State 48 Law

We offer in-person, video, and phone consultations.

14500 N Northsight Blvd Ste 313, Scottsdale, AZ 85260

We’re conveniently located in North Scottsdale, just off the 101 and Raintree.

(602) 649-1325

Call us today to speak with one of our family law attorneys.


If you prefer to email, we’re always available. You can email us directly or fill out the contact form.