How do I serve my spouse for divorce?

You have three options:

  1. You can hire a private process server or sheriff’s deputy to serve them.
  2. You can send the paperwork to them via certified mail, but you must restrict delivery to your spouse.
  3. You can provide them the paperwork, but they must sign in front of an Acceptance of Service in front of notary for this to count.

For each option, proof of service must be filed with the Court. A process server will do that for you if you use a process server. If you use certified mail, you need to file the proof of service with the Court. If your spouse signs an Acceptance of Service, that Acceptance of Service needs to be filed with the Court as well.

Good People.
Great Results.

Our award-winning team of professionals deliver
the outcomes our clients need.

Don't Take Our Word For It,
See What Our Clients Have To Say.

Contact State 48 Law

We offer in-person, video, and phone consultations.

14500 N Northsight Blvd Ste 313, Scottsdale, AZ 85260

We’re conveniently located in North Scottsdale, just off the 101 and Raintree.

(602) 649-1325

Call us today to speak with one of our family law attorneys.

[email protected]

If you prefer to email, we’re always available. You can email us directly or fill out the contact form.