Can the other parent and I agree to change our Parenting Plan?

Yes, you can. You two are still the parents. Except in cases involving third parties, whenever the parents agree, the…

Read Post

Why did Arizona change what “child custody” means?

In 2012, the Legislature changed the meaning of the term, custody because they were concerned too many people fighting for custody did not understand…

Read Post

The other parent refuses to follow the Parenting Plan. What can I do?

You have a few options: The first option is to enforce the Parenting Plan by filing a Petition to Enforce. A Parenting…

Read Post

For child custody, is Arizona a “Mother’s state”?

No. Arizona is a gender-neutral state, meaning it does not favor one parent over the other because of gender.

Read Post

What do the Arizona courts try to achieve in a custody case?

In an ideal world, judges are trying to create a situation where both parents are equally involved, and the child…

Read Post

What should I be doing to prepare for a modification?

The answer depends a little bit on your circumstances, but generally speaking, you should be keeping a timeline of events…

Read Post

How long do I have to pay child support for?

You must pay child support until your child is 18 and graduated from high school or until they turn 19…

Read Post

Good People.
Great Results.

Our award-winning team of professionals deliver
the outcomes our clients need.

Don't Take Our Word For It,
See What Our Clients Have To Say.

Contact State 48 Law

We offer in-person, video, and phone consultations.

North Scottsdale Office

14500 N Northsight Blvd Ste 313, Scottsdale, AZ 85260

East Valley Office

3133 W Frye Rd, Ste 101, Chandler, AZ 85226