If I can’t afford a divorce attorney, will the Court appoint me one?

The Court will not appoint you an attorney if you cannot afford one to represent you in a family law proceeding. The Constitutional right to an attorney applies only to criminal proceedings. For that reason, the government must appoint a free attorney to criminal defendants.

As family court is a civil proceeding, you have the right to hire your own attorney, but you will not be given a free one. If you want an attorney in your family court proceeding, you are going to have to obtain one the old-fashioned way: You’re going to have to pay for it.

Good People.
Great Results.

Our award-winning team of professionals deliver
the outcomes our clients need.

Don't Take Our Word For It,
See What Our Clients Have To Say.

Contact State 48 Law

We offer in-person, video, and phone consultations.

14500 N Northsight Blvd Ste 313, Scottsdale, AZ 85260

We’re conveniently located in North Scottsdale, just off the 101 and Raintree.

(602) 649-1325

Call us today to speak with one of our family law attorneys.


If you prefer to email, we’re always available. You can email us directly or fill out the contact form.