If the Court orders equal parenting time, will I have to pay child support?

Possibly. Child support must be ordered unless the parties agree to a deviation, and the Court finds the deviation is in the child’s best interests. Child support is done on a formula, and when parenting time is equal, the amount (1) usually is not very much, and (2) is usually paid by the parent who earns more money. There is no gender bias in the formula that requires that it will be the father, and not the mother, who pays child support; it may be you, it may be her—it really does come down to how the formula shakes out. 

Good People.
Great Results.

Our award-winning team of professionals deliver
the outcomes our clients need.

Don't Take Our Word For It,
See What Our Clients Have To Say.

Contact State 48 Law

We offer in-person, video, and phone consultations.

14500 N Northsight Blvd Ste 313, Scottsdale, AZ 85260

We’re conveniently located in North Scottsdale, just off the 101 and Raintree.

(602) 649-1325

Call us today to speak with one of our family law attorneys.

[email protected]

If you prefer to email, we’re always available. You can email us directly or fill out the contact form.