My spouse quit a higher-paying job to take a lesser-paying job. I believe my spouse did it to get out of paying spousal maintenance. Do I have any arguments I can make?

Yes. You can argue that your spouse should be attributed their former income for purposes of determining spousal maintenance. To persuade the court, you will need to show your spouse’s decision to change job was unreasonable and that they are voluntarily and unreasonably underemployed.

Good People.
Great Results.

Our award-winning team of professionals deliver
the outcomes our clients need.

Don't Take Our Word For It,
See What Our Clients Have To Say.

Contact State 48 Law

We offer in-person, video, and phone consultations.

14500 N Northsight Blvd Ste 313, Scottsdale, AZ 85260

We’re conveniently located in North Scottsdale, just off the 101 and Raintree.

(602) 649-1325

Call us today to speak with one of our family law attorneys.

[email protected]

If you prefer to email, we’re always available. You can email us directly or fill out the contact form.