If I am ordered to pay child support or spousal maintenance, and I appeal the ruling, do I have to pay child support or spousal maintenance while the appeal is pending?

Yes. Child support and spousal maintenance do not get suspended because of an appeal. You have an ongoing obligation to pay those amounts. If the appeal changes the order, you will receive a credit for any amount you overpaid.

Good People.
Great Results.

Our award-winning team of professionals deliver
the outcomes our clients need.

Don't Take Our Word For It,
See What Our Clients Have To Say.

Contact State 48 Law

We offer in-person, video, and phone consultations.

14500 N Northsight Blvd Ste 313, Scottsdale, AZ 85260

We’re conveniently located in North Scottsdale, just off the 101 and Raintree.

(602) 649-1325

Call us today to speak with one of our family law attorneys.

[email protected]

If you prefer to email, we’re always available. You can email us directly or fill out the contact form.