If I am ordered to pay child support or spousal maintenance, and I initiate the appeal process for the ruling, do I have to pay child support or spousal maintenance while the appeal is pending?

Yes. Child support and spousal maintenance do not get suspended because of an appeal. You are ordered and have an ongoing obligation to pay those amounts. If the appeal changes the order, you will receive a credit for any amount you overpaid.

Good People.
Great Results.

Our award-winning team of professionals deliver
the outcomes our clients need.

Don't Take Our Word For It,
See What Our Clients Have To Say.

Contact State 48 Law

We offer in-person, video, and phone consultations.

North Scottsdale Office

14500 N Northsight Blvd Ste 313, Scottsdale, AZ 85260

East Valley Office

3133 W Frye Rd, Ste 101, Chandler, AZ 85226