My grandchild is living with me and there is a child support order for the non-primary parent to pay child support, so the payments are going to primary parent; how can I receive the child support since I am the one caring for the child?

It is possible for a new caretaker to get child support through a process called a Transfer of Support Rights. This process transfers the support payments to the caretaker. Assuming the payments are going through the Arizona Clearinghouse, you will need to provide proof that you have had the child for at least 30 consecutive days and both parents under the current child support order will be notified about the change in payments.

Good People.
Great Results.

Our award-winning team of professionals deliver
the outcomes our clients need.

Don't Take Our Word For It,
See What Our Clients Have To Say.

Contact State 48 Law

We offer in-person, video, and phone consultations.

14500 N Northsight Blvd Ste 313, Scottsdale, AZ 85260

We’re conveniently located in North Scottsdale, just off the 101 and Raintree.

(602) 649-1325

Call us today to speak with one of our family law attorneys.


If you prefer to email, we’re always available. You can email us directly or fill out the contact form.